“The biggest difference between successful people and unsuccessful people is that successful people are willing to do what unsuccessful people are not.”- Darren Hardy
Great idea, efficient strategies, picture-perfect planning, unflawed implementation- yes! There are companies who make sure of the above things and still miss the mark. Mostly, it is never about how they leapt into the world of business, but how choose to exist in this world is what decides their destiny. Attitude is everything. Some companies are in for a long run, and are prepared for n number of challenges coming their way. While others fail to achieve what they aim for and keep wondering what went wrong.
Success can never be achieved without thirst. If you are content with your position right now, nothing you do will take you ahead. Obstacles will be there, no matter how safe you play. Whether you are focussing on your growth with these obstacles is what matters. Sir Edmund Hillary, after failing a number of attempts to scale Mt. Everest, stood in front of the portrait of Mt. Everest and said,” You being Mt. Everest cannot grow any further. But I, being a human being, can always keep growing.” With that attitude, No wonder he achieved his target.
Here are some qualities which we find in a successful company:
- Leadership: The way you take control of the company, its employees and their management, tells a lot about how serious you are about the success of your company. It so happens, sometimes we tend to show our soft side just to maintain the likeliness. Successful companies hire managers who understand the vision of the company, manage the employees and invoke in them, a feeling of unity and belongingness. Alongside, being firm about achieving the goals of the company.
- Adaption to environment: We live in a time where everything changes in a blink of an eye. Sticking to old traditions and mode of working might be the reason of your downfall. Organization growth starts with self-growth. Changing with time means apprising with technology, updating your marketing strategies and taking into account the latest and trendy needs of the consumer. Every company which is successful today is up to date with the latest means and is not scared to think what changes might come ahead.
- Marketing strategies: Marketing no longer just means newspaper advertisements, commercials, hoardings or word of mouth. Marketing stage is not limited to the initial stages of business anymore. A ‘constant’ reminder of your products/services is required to make consumers feel that they are not forgotten and that we have not taken them for granted. Updating marketing skills is another thing. Digital marketing and customer approach for feedback is a crucial step, if you want to see your company at heights.
- Choosing a perfect product design company: Entrusting your most precious ideas with a company, who is not capable of turning them into their worth is the most careless decision you can take. Not only has it caused failure, but coming back from this failure is very difficult. Background check and trusting your intuition are 2 important factors while considering a perfect team for your product. For an understanding of their working criteria, you can ask these questions to ensure their competency and goals.
- Undertaking risks: “If you are not willing to risk the unusual, you will have to settle for the ordinary”-Jim Rohn. Fear of rejection prevents many organizations to try something new. Successful companies are the ones which are bold enough to take on new ventures and careful enough to know where and when to stop. Some companies however are content in their comfort zone and are not willing to gamble. Thus, never improving.
- Learning from failures: Co-founder of Twitter, Biz Stone said, “Timing, perseverance, and ten years of trying will eventually make you look like an overnight success.” You will not find a single leading company who have not been through failures. What makes you succeed is whether you learn from those failure or you give up.
- Healthy lifestyle: Healthy body, healthy mind is the mantra for a successful life, professionally and personally. Unhealthy living leads to unnecessary negativity in life which hinders your approach towards your work. Healthy lifestyle includes not just eating healthy, but a healthy routine where you get up early, have enriched diet and sufficient fluids. It is about hanging out with people who encourage you and not pull you down. And it is about when you discuss ideas and have intelligent conversation with everyone around you instead of gossiping and talking about people.