Your startup for you is like a child you wish to nurture with the best in the market. You want it to grow, glow and gain fame in the industry.
We couldn’t have agreed more on it, right?
There is so much that a startup requires from a business idea, marketing strategy to funding, backup plan with so much more.
But, the one thing which keeps the foundation of any startup intact in the long-run is its web application development.
You must be wondering how web application development can help a startup stand on the pillars of strength and climb the ladder of success?
Well, here is the answer, a startup is the long journey of exceptional ambitions and passion that at least once make your guts sweat out.
There is no chance you would ever wish to take with its growth.
The proper development of the web application in such a case allows you to meet your goals and your user’s needs. Launched as desired and required, it initiates the process of give-and-take for you and your user along with carrying the legacy of your startup in future.
That’s why you cannot go to any ordinary web app development company out there.
And there are thousands of them, trust us!
You might not be realizing but let me tell you, just a software provider can never be your need. There is a need for someone who can commit to you. You need the quality of web development services with reliability to make your business flourish.
So, here we are with some key insights you need to pay attention to while choosing the best company for your web app development services:
1. What are your requirements?
The first and foremost step of every process is to understand your needs.
Ask yourselves the questions below and answer them yourself
- Who is my target audience?
- What is the USP or real value of my product/service?
- How is my product/service going to cater to the needs of consumers?
- Is there any need for my product in the market?
Seemed to be easy at first sight but did not turn out to be, right?
You need not worry about that, it happens.
All you need to understand is that finding the best or most suitable web app development company for your startup first requires you to define your own needs clearly. They should be clear in your head to such an extent that you know them and able to explain them to anyone even if your world turns upside down. Then only you can jump onto the next step – looking for web app development services.
Now, if you have got that right, here are a few things you need to understand before giving the task of your web app development into other hands:
- The key functions of your web application
- What sort of design you want it to be
- How are you going to run over your competitors with the development
- What problem-solving features your product/service has for the user
- Your budget for product and web application development
An idea of all mentioned above would help you in availing the right web app development services from the right company.
2. Choose the place wisely
Think of designing, for instance.
- The designs more understandable and preferred at a particular place
- The knowledge of design to designers
- Cultural, social and traditional aspects affecting designs
- Economical, political, geographical conditions along with demographics in that place for preferable designs
What does the information above tell us?
The answer is that every place has different and multiple aspects to it. The same way every place has a blend of web development characteristics that you may or may not like. It becomes a significant and considerable factor when it comes to the decision-making about the company.
Make a wise choice of the web app development company post proper analysis.
The cost of web app development at different places also comes under it.
Don’t fall for low-prices or affordability, fall for quality!
3. The starting of the search
After you have successfully narrowed down to a place from where you’d want to pick your web app development service, the next step is to look for a particular suitable company at that location.
You can take help from websites such as:
These websites would help with the information related to the companies based on your preferences. You can set your preferences using filters for rates, location, technology etc.
4. Test the Expertise
A company’s expertise can be judged based on its experience.
You surely don’t want to waste your resources to end up with a poor or average result later, don’t you?
Make note to check the company’s experience in web development based on the points mentioned below:
- Look for the company ranked the best, like Hestabit, Cubix etc
- A company with more than 10+ years of experience is a must
- Company should have completed at least more than 500+ projects
- The satisfaction rate shouldn’t be less than 97%
- Impressive record of clientele
- A company with awards is always the best
- The success stories of the company
- The ratings and reviews of the company
Now comes the time to test how much expertise a company carries in the domain.
Don’t feel stressed if you don’t know how to do it. You can do it simply by checking the company’s own website for its design, user interface and information.
Some traits you need to check for include:
- Technology: check the web programming languages and frameworks i.e. the technology used by the company.
- Frameworks: Look for frameworks the company works upon. For example, Ruby on Rails, Laravel, Angular etc.
- Team: Make sure to check if the company has all sorts of developers from back-end developers, front-end developers, to mobile app developers and so on.
All this would tell you about the company and its values along with the level of their professionalism and reliability.
You’ll get an idea of what you are stepping into!
5. Getting the services you need?
Who doesn’t like surprises!
But nobody likes annoying unpleasant ones.
And to avoid landing into such a situation, find out in advance if the web application development company can offer you the suitable services, the ones you need.
Below are some major services that you may wish to avail any moment:
- Consultation from the IT department
- MVP web software development
- Customized web software development
- Maintenance of the software
- Advantage of additional services
Make sure that you don’t fall short of all the above mentioned or any other development service anytime.
6. Analyze the company’s methodologies
Launching a startup comes up with planning for constant or immediate changes, financial resources, improvements and so much more. Things don’t always go as planned. You need to be quick and dynamic to make a startup survive.
But what role does your web application development company have here?
The company should be the one that supports you with the work. The one that can easily adapt itself to the changes and bring the best out of what they have.
There are certain methodologies that you need to see if the company uses for smooth working and the desired product result.
The methodologies you need to pay attention to are:
- Extreme Programming (XP)
- Dynamic Systems Development Method (DSDM)
- Feature-Driven Development (FDD)
7. Reliability and pricing go hand in hand
Reliability is the most important factor when you work with someone. You need the assurance of reliability from them. But how would you be able to crack that?
Here are a few factors to know how trustworthy a company is:
- Secure Data Storage
- Code Warranty
- Access to information about employees working on your project
- Client Agreement
- NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement)
Now, a company that’s reliable is always worth measuring for the pricing. They go hand in hand.
Pricing for web app development is quite important in the case of startups.
They may not be able to pay an enormous amount of money to get their web app built. Overpaying is also a concern to them.
Therefore, to avoid such situations, you need to find beforehand the type of pricing model used by the company. Some of them are:
- FFF – Fixed time, Fix budget, Flex-scope;
- Dedicated Team
- Milestone based model
- Fixed price – Fixed Price
- Time and Materials
The Final Words
Finding a skilled and professional web application development company for your startup is not an easy job.
But it can be done with the proper understanding of the field.
Make the best choice of the company with suitable services to shape your startup into a success.