SEO is wonderful – when you know how to use it right. Any business with an online presence knows that maximizing your SEO is crucial to bringing customers to your page. But if you don’t know how to get your site’s SEO to rank well, or if it was ranking and suddenly dropped, here are 5 basic steps to troubleshooting that will help you get your site maximized for SEO quickly.
5-Steps to Troubleshoot Your SEO
- Know the right algorithms. Google has a complicated algorithmic formula that they use to determine where a site ranks. It may seem over-the-top, but it covers important aspects of a site like knowledge, dependability, and reliability, so if you are just starting out in a big niche, it may take a while for you to prove a few of these areas.
The formulas also change approximately 500 times per year, so if you don’t have a system in place to keep up with them, you may start noticing declines in your ranking. For example, if your Europe-based business doesn’t have a marketing agency London and the surrounding areas use that knows how to stay on top of SEO changes, you’ll need to find one.
- Use keywords to the best of their ability. The ranking is a tricky thing. You have to have just the right keywords used in just the right amounts for them to count. If your niche is common, it can be even harder to bust through to that coveted first page on Google’s search results. That’s why hiring a professional who does this all the time is often recommended.
- The speed of your site might be slipping. Yes, the speed that your site loads and runs plays a crucial part in your success. If it’s slow, you are probably not going to have a spot at the top of the searches. It’s also a bad business sense – when customers have to wait for a site to load, they usually just leave and go somewhere else.
And remember, what constitutes a long wait for you might not be the same for your customers. On average, people expect wait times of less than 3 seconds. There are sites out there that will analyze your loading speed for you if you are not sure if you have a problem in this area.
- Watch your metrics. Your metrics include factors that you need to assess like your organic traffic and your ranking for commercial keywords. Organic traffic includes visitors who find your site through Google versus paid searches or social media. It is considered to be the highest source of revenue for most industries.
Similarly, commercial keywords are money-makers. You may be guided to use informational keywords, like “how to,” and they are great for ranking, but don’t forget the importance of commercial keywords to convince people to become buyers or recommend you on social media.
- Become mobile-friendly. The e-commerce industry is a multi-trillion dollar field that you can easily get your piece of, but over two billion people who shop in that arena use their mobile devices to make their purchases. If you are not mobile friendly, your revenue is not where it could be and your SEO is going to suffer, as well.
Get Your Site SEO Optimized Quickly
By troubleshooting these 5 points, you should notice a quick increase in your SEO optimization. If you are uncomfortable doing it yourself, hiring a marketing company who specializes in SEO is a great investment where your money spent will confidently be returned to you.